We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The IT Centre takes the protection of your data seriously
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into law in the UK on May 25th, 2018. It will replaced the 1998 Data Protection Act and introduces new rules on privacy notices, as well as processing and safeguarding personal data.
The IT Centre Castle Douglas is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The IT Centre Castle Douglas may change this policy from time to time by updating this page and you should check it occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective immediately and, in particular, from May 25th, 2018.
What we collectWe may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gatherWe require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
SecurityWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal informationYou may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you for which a small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to: The IT Centre Castle Douglas, Castle Douglas Community IT Centre, Community Centre, Cotton Street, Castle Douglas, DG7 1AJ. The Person responsible for data protection within our organisation is: Jackie Williams.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or send an email as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.